1944

The Italian Chapel - AD MCMXLIV - 1944 - photograph (c) 2016 David Bailey (not the)

Orkney’s Italian Chapel was completed in 1944. Stonemason Domenico Buttapasta laid cut and polished stones in Roman numerals to celebrate its completion. Beautiful.

Previous Post
The Earl's Palace, Birsay, Orkney - photograph (c) 2016 David Bailey (not the)

The Earl's Palace, Birsay

The Earl's Palace in Birsay was built between 1569 and 1579 by Robert Stewart, the illegitimate son of King James V of Scotland ... Read more

Next Post
Sailing home from home - photograph (c) 2016 David Bailey (not the)

Sailing home from home

Feel free to leave a Reply :)